Canada Business Visa
If you’re associated with a company that has commercial deals within Canada and you need to travel to that country, then you need a business visa.
This type of visa falls under the category of Temporary Resident Visa of Canada. It allows companies to send commercial representatives or delegations to Canada to make business deals. This visa is called Business Persons and Business Delegations visa.
The Canada Business Visa
Because Canada is one of the fastest growing economies in the world, the Canadian government has opened the doors to foreign companies to do business within the territory as well as facilitate trade agreements. But, to enter Canada, all immigrants need a visa.
And it is for this reason that the government has created the Business Persons and Business Delegations Visa.
This visa allows individuals or groups:
- Attend to the reunions
- Participate in conferences as well as workshops
- Sign contracts or agreements
However, it must be borne in mind that this visa is only temporary, which means people can only stay for a limited time period in the country, and once the visa period expires, the person must leave the country immediately. The duration of this visa is 6 months.
Also, the person cannot work in another Canadian company while is in the territory. If you want to work, then you will have to ask for a visa for temporary workers.
Canada Business Visa Requirements
To apply for this visa, you need several documents, which must show that you are working for a foreign company that is doing business within Canada and that you do not want to stay permanently within the country. Other requirements include:
- You must be at least 18 years old
- Your passport must be valid and have a blank page, and it cannot be the last page
- You must have your own business or be an employee of a company that is registered in another country
- You have to show that you are receiving a salary from that company
- Also, you can show that you have visas from other countries, this will help you have a better opportunity
- You have to prove that you are in charge of developing the business relationship between your company and the company in Canada and that is why you need a visa
- If you are going to attend a conference or a workshop, you must show the invitation or the entry
- You must not have a criminal record
- You must pay for all the processing fees
- You must submit copies of your current immigration status in another country or in Canada
- You must also show that you have enough funds to support you during the time you want to stay in Canada
- You must provide your medical examinations if required
- Besides, they will ask you for documents that prove you do not intend to remain in Canada and that you will return to your home country.
- Also, you will need documents that show that you will not attend any educational program.
You have to make these documents ready before applying so that you may increase your chances of getting visa approval.
Applying for the Canada Business Visa
The first step you should take to find out if you can apply for a Canadian business visa is to know if they are eligible. You must visit the Government of Canada site to apply for the visa. Then you need to visit the page that says, “Find out if you need a visa” and then complete the questionnaire, It will tell you whether or not you qualify for the visa or not.
If you qualify for the visa, you are eligible to apply. The system generates a code that you can use to create the profile.
It is not necessary to mention that you must answer all the questions with sincerity. The system will tell you if you need a visa or electronic travel authorization (eTA).
Creating an account
After you have confirmed your eligibility, the system will give you a reference code that enables you to open the account within the Government of Canada page.
Submitting the application
After logging into your account, you must fill out the forms that are inside your profile. There are two primary forms to complete when applying for a Canadian visitor visa:
- Form IMM 5257, Application for Temporary Resident
- Form IMM 5707, Family information form
Other forms you may have to fill out if applicable to you are
- Form IMM 5409, Statutory Declaration of the Common Law Union
- Form IMM 5476, Use of a Representative
- Form IMM 5475, Authority to disclose personal information to a designated person
You also have to submit the following supporting documents:
- Valid passport
- Travel history as well as all scanned passport
- The passport must have a blank page, but it should not be the last one
- Itinerary of trip and details of all the activities that you are going to realize in Canada
- Airline tickets if they were already booked
- Financial statements
- Letter of invitation from the company that is inviting you to Canada or invitations to the conference or workshop
- Documents that show the commercial record of the company in which we work
- Letter from your employer in which your cargo, salary and the reason for your visit to Canada are compressed
- Documents evidencing the registration of the company you are going to visit
- A Letter of Declaration from you to the Government of Canada explaining why you should be granted a visa.
- Two photos that meet the Canadian photo requirements.
- Documents that demonstrate your educational level or status within the company
- Evidence showing that you plan to return home
It is important that all these documents are translated into English and certified by a specialized translator. After you send all the documents, you can send your application. You must wait a while for the visa application to get processed.
You might need to attend the interview with the Canadian Embassy in your country. It is also possible that you have to give your biometric information.
What happens after my visa is accepted?
You must send your passport to be stamped. If you have all the steps online, you will receive an email with instructions for you to submit your passport; you must pay all the fees indicated by Immigration. If you are doing the process at the Embassy, then you should only carry your passport and pay the corresponding fees.
Canada Business Visa fees
The cost to apply for Business Visa Canada is CAD 100 with an additional charge of CAD 85 if you are asked to provide your biometric information. If your visa is approved, you will have to pay for the passport processing, which costs around CAD 45.
How long is the processing time of Canada Business Visa?
Depending on the workload of the Canadian Embassy where you are applying, you will have to wait for 1 to 6 weeks for the Business Visa to be processed.
How long is the Canada Business Visa valid?
This type of visa has a validation of only 6 months; after this time, you must return to your home country. The Embassy could grant you a visa that is valid for an extended period of time, such as 3, 5 or even 10 years.
Can I take my dependents to Canada with a business visa?
Your spouse and your minor children must apply for a Canadian visitor visa if they wish to join you on your trip to Canada.